SIM-Cloud API. General information¶
Since a SIM-Cloud project is based on the OpenStack suite of public-domain software, the full vocabulary commands for working with the SIM-Cloud project via an API is available from the official documentation of the suite:
- API quick-start examples
- OpenStack API Reference Documentation
- Identity API (Keystone) - the ID service;
- Compute API (Nova) - the service responsible for creating, launching, relaunching and stopping virtual machines (instances), etc. It is the component for monitoring computational resources.
- Block Storage API (Cinder) - the service responsible for creating, deleting and changing disks and accompanying actions (working with snapshots etc.)
- Networking API (Neutron) - the service responsible for creating, changing and managing network elements of the project (IP addresses, networks, VPNs, firewalls)
- Image Service API (Glance) - this service manages the disk images of virtual machines but is not involved with their actual storage. Provides abstraction of several storage technologies — ranging from simple file systems to storage systems for objects. As well as real disk images, Glance contains metadata and information about the state that is describing the image.
To address the specific SIM-Cloud service via the API, the defined URL (the service access point) must be used in the command with the request. You can view the mapping between the services and access points by accessing your project via the web interface https://cloud.sim-cloud.net/. See the Project menu - Computing resources - Access to API or see the table below:
Service Service access point Backup https://api.sim-cloud.net:3000 Backup_Dev – Compute (Nova) https://api.sim-cloud.net:8774/v2.1/<ProjectID> Dns https://api.sim-cloud.net:9001 Identity (Keystone) https://api.sim-cloud.net:5000/v3 Image https://api.sim-cloud.net:9292 Network (Neutron) https://api.sim-cloud.net:9696 Placement https://api.sim-cloud.net:8778 Volumev2 (Cinder) https://api.sim-cloud.net:8776/v2/<ProjectID> Volumev3 (Cinder) https://api.sim-cloud.net:8776/v3/<ProjectID>
The entry <ProjectID> - should be replaced by your project ID in SIM-Cloud