Migrating instances between Availability Zones¶
The process of migrating an instance to another AZ includes the following steps:
1) Deleting the instance to be migrated. Before deleting, you need to check the “delete a volume when deleting an instance” option.
2) Migrate the volume to the desired AZ. Detailed instructions will be described in our article Migrating volumes between AZ.
3) Creation of a new instance based on the volume that was migrated. In this case, the floating IP address will not be saved. You can use an external dedicated subnet with a minimum of “/ 29” - 6 IP addresses.
- If a user rents a subnet for this case, then it should be understood that 4 IP addresses will be used as service ones:
- 1st This is the network address;
- 2nd This is the address that will be the interface on the provider’s router in the availability zone;
- 3rd This is the address for the DHCP service in the cloud for this network;
- 4th This is the address of the Broadcast network.
- Restore security settings - assign the required security groups.
- Change DNS records if required.
- Configure backup using internal Cloud service - BaaS.